Winter has now slowly but surely arrived, the dark mornings & late nights, not all that fun for our faces & skin..
With all that, comes a serious lack of sleep – We’re going to share a few beauty tips that will make you look more awake than the morning after the night before…especially if you have had a lack of sleep..
11 Ways To Appear Awake When You’re Actually Exhausted
1. BRIGHTENING FACE WASH
- Look for one with added vitamin C, to brighten and exfoliate, this will leave your complexion looking fresher,clearer & you’ll instantly look more awake.
2. FIND YOUR GO TO SKINCARE SAVIOUR
- It’s important to have a go to skin care saviour, by this we mean the one product that will complete all your major skin concerns in one go whilst saving time. This way, you can then focus on the more finer & important things in life – like doing your nails, grabbing a coffee to go!
3. REFINE YOUR BASE
- Like us all you may reach for a foundation with extra strength coverage, don’t – as it will stick to every imperfection, and leave your skin looking cakey. Therefore, go for a lighter base with skin-loving benefits – Mineral powders are a must. It provides you with a sheer coverage and a boost of hydration.
4. COLOUR CORRECT UNTIL NO MORE COLOUR
- Colour correcting is confusing, but once you get your head around it, it’s pretty simple to do – practice makes perfection. Using a corrector to neutralize discoloration will save you time, effort, and layers of concealer & foundation, which will irritate your skin even more!
5. FIX THOSE ‘SHINING’ EYES
- When you’ve had hardly any sleep it’s easy for eyes to become irritated, dry and sore. Instead of using heavy products, cut back and stick with the basics, a) hydrating eye cream, b) a hard-working concealer.
- Mix the two together and use your ring finger to pat the coverage around your eyes. The eye cream will help to sheer out the concealer a little, and ensure it doesn’t cling to any dryness or creases.
6. BRUSH UP YOUR BROWS
- Brush up your brows and they will give off the illusion of a fresher & brighter face.
7. SHINE, SHINE, SHINE & SHINE
- Using a bright and shiny highlighter will help you to look well rested and wide awake. Yes that’s right, sleek, shining skin is the antithesis of tiredness, so brighten up girls!
8. SAVE THOSE-DRY CHAPPED LIPS
- Why is it that the very secondwinter rolls around our lips become rougher than dry toast? The lack of humidity teamed with a constant shift in sub-zero outdoor temps and stuffy central-heated offices, can suck every ounce of moisture out of your pout.
- DIY a lip scrub with a little manuka honey, coconut oil and raw sugar, then buff it into the lips using small, circular motions.
9. ILLUMINATE THOSE BRIGHT EYES
- The oldest (and possibly best) trick in the book for perking up exhausted eyes is to trace a nude eyeliner along your waterline, it’s tried, tested and works. But you can amp up the effect even more by selecting a metallic creme eye pencil instead of a standard nude. Be sure to colour in the inner and outer corners of your eyes as well, the added lightness will have an instant awakening effect around your peepers
10. ADD SOME LIP COLOUR..
- Bright lipstick can distract from a number of sins from the night before. Slide on some MAC’s Lipstick in Ruby Woo and we guarantee you won’t be looking tired because your killer pout will be complimenting you!
11. BLUSH BABY BLUSH
- When it selecting a blush you want a shade that brightens and gives a healthy glow without bringing out any red patches. We say, stay away from the pinks and go for the peachy colours instead as they will help to brighten and bring out that natural glow in you!
Now… who said make-up can’t do wonders for you?