Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface, it is involved in the process of all facials, during micro-dermabrasion or chemical peels at medical spas. The process can be achieved through mechanical or chemical means.
8 Steps on How To Exfoliate The Face
- Exfoliate your face once a week; this way, you will always have bright and beautiful skin that looks squeaky clean. It will also feel smoother and, consequently, you’ll be able to apply your makeup better.
2. Moreover, commercial face scrubs are easily found in your favorite shops, some natural options are very effective.
3. The first step to exfoliate your face is to choose an exfoliating cream especially for your skin. You can also make homemade exfoliating masks which work a treat. The important thing is not to use body scrubs on your face because they are not appropriate for the skin on your face.
4. Before you exfoliate the skin, start by thoroughly cleansing your face. It is important that your face is free from impurities when it comes to exfoliating it. It is also always advisable to apply the scrub to damp skin; this way, the product will spread much better.
5. Apply the cream or mask to your face with gentle, circular movements. You do not need to apply pressure or force; this will only cause reddening of the skin. Instead, gentle movements are enough to remove the dead skin cells.
6. Movements should always be upwards and outwards from the center of the face towards the ears, which makes your skin firmer and more youthful.
Apply the scrub evenly across your whole face with the tips of your fingers. Take advantage of this beauty treatment by giving your skin a gentle, stimulating massage for one minute. It’s not necessary to rub on the skin too much, as dead cells are easily removed with the grain of your chosen product.
7. Then, wash the product off with cold water. This way you will ensure that the pores closed and your face looks much more beautiful. Afterwards, apply your face mask or moisturizing cream and you will see how your skin absorbs it almost immediately.
8. Exfoliate your face once a week; this way, you will always have bright and beautiful skin that looks squeaky clean. It will also feel smoother and, consequently, you’ll be able to apply your makeup better.