Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the Coffea plant.
Coffee is slightly acidic and can have a stimulating effect on humans because of its caffeine content. Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. Coffee can be prepared and presented in a variety of ways. It is usually served hot, although iced coffee is also served.
Coffee as we know it today is known for giving the boost in energy which we require. However it has other benefits that can help you, but drink coffee in moderation with a healthy balanced diet.
Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- These fight inflammation and free radicals from your body.
- Coffee is also known to help to prevent cell damage.
- Coffee helps to increase short term memory and can help to prevent cognitive declines
3. Get Moving
- Moderate caffeine can help you with a pre-workout boost and prevent fatigue.
4. Feeling Great
- Coffee helps to awaken your nervous system and getting ready for the day.
- Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline, which elevate your mood
5. Boosts Physical Performance
- Caffeine increases adrenaline levels in your blood
- Adrenaline is your body’s “fight or flight” hormone which helps you to prepare for physical exertion
6. Focus & Stay Alert
- Helps you focus and improves your mental alertness
As you can see from the above, coffee carries many health benefits. However, I’m not suggesting that people start drinking coffee by the gallon. Too much of anything can be bad. Finally, while coffee may be healthy, that’s not necessarily true of the added sugar and fat that many people put into coffee.
But it’s way past time that we stopped viewing coffee as something we all need to cut back on. It’s a completely reasonable addition to a healthy diet, with more potential benefits seen in research than almost any other beverage we’re consuming.